Friday, December 7, 2012

Rob's creative brain goop


While I was on OB rotation I had a kind of crazy preceptor who asked us all to do a creative writing assignment. She asked us to write an "ode" to something regarding obstetrics.... this is what I came up with.

ode to blue booties

I really stepped in it this time.
I'm tracking it around the floor.
this strange yellow-green slime,
this bloody gooey gore.

From drape to floor it drips
and then onto my shoe
it's warm, it's wet, then I slip
sigh, I'd rather step in poo

And then I feel it.

on top it first seeps in
now down around the sides
between the toes it goes
along the sole it slides

new shirt and pants are easy
they come from a machine
but socks and shoes now covered in goo
there are no options to get them clean

next day, dry shoes , dry socks
now I'm wiser in delivery
for now each shoe is covered.
on each foot, a blue bootie.

Robert Winter D.O. R1 FP Rotator

2 comments: